Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Small Changes Lead to Bigger Ones

     To begin my list of changes that I am making in my life, I am starting off with my diet and I'm jumping in with both feet.  Will power has always eluded me when it came to food and frankly I've always had a sort of denial about it.  I've always been into lifting weights and exercising and while I may not have been consistent, I have continued my enjoyment each and every time I began a new workout routine.  My real issue has always been on the diet side of the coin and I did not want to acknowledge that fact.  I felt like I always needed to eat at every meal and that was just the way that the body worked.  I knew better.  I've learned even more since I first began experimenting with exercise and now that I am completing my personal trainer certification, a whole new world has opened up.  The time has come.
      I began this week with major changes in the way I eat as well as what I take in.  There is no starting slow with this and I refuse to give in.  I have put down the daily dose of soda that I used to drink as well as sweets.  Trust me when I say that I am paying for it right now.  The pounding in my head began to creep up on me this morning and has continued to aggravate and irritate me ever since.  I don't know how much longer it will last but I have made the commitment and I will follow through, simply because I have never followed through on anything like this attempt.  It is a small change, but it is building the confidence that I will need for my future endeavors. 
     The way in which I eat has also been modified.  I had to break the chain of eating three meals a day just because that was the normal routine.  Now I make it a point to skip at least one and possibly two meals each day, rotating which meal it is that I skip.  Before you judge, let me say that this is not a permanent thing and I will be switching to a 5 meal a day plan to go along with a new workout routine.  I am skipping meals here and there to prove to myself that I don't always need to have food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

     So there it is.  The beginning of my new beginning and the base that I am building on.  I am going to master my will power and put my determination to the test.  If you want something that you have never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done.- Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment