Monday, April 29, 2013

Energy Flows

     Over the last decade of my life, I have always felt like something was missing.  It has become even more prevalent in the last year or so and I can no longer keep walking forward and ignore this inner voice that screams out for attention.  I'm not where I want to be at all.  My family life has suffered, my physique is lacking, and my days seem to be depressed.  I'm in a routine that drives me crazy and I can't find my way out, until now.
    
     I have spent almost 12 years in the Navy now.  Most of them have been great and I can never forget all the great times.  Well, some of them I have never been able to remember because of some extracurricular sailor activities.  My Navy career has shown me the world in ways that very few can imagine and I have knowledge of people and places that few will ever understand.  It comes with the territory.  Through all of that, I have always felt this gravitational pull that led me back to the Internet where I would sit and look at the Google page.  My mind would be filled with amazing ideas for business start-ups along with thousands of questions about nothing more than where to start.  I sat and pondered for an hour about what I should search for but nothing ever came to mind.  I was lost so I would close my laptop and continue on with my day, as if the Navy was exactly where I belonged in this world.  I continued this until it became a daily routine and my dreams began to disappear, since I didn't have the drive to achieve them. 

     That all changed in one quick moment.  As I perused through my Facebook page one day, I came across a quote by Thomas Jefferson.  "If you want something you've never had, then you must be willing to do something you've never done."  It was that moment that I decided to make the changes in my life that would make me happy.  Instead of allowing my daily routine to drag me down, I changed it so that I can use it as a jump-off point for what I really want and where I really want to be. 

     Change starts small.  I began my transformation with a simple switch of my morning route to work.  At first I was unsure if the route I had chosen would even get me to the ship because I did not map it out or navigate.  I took a chance to see where it would lead me.  If I was late to work, then oh well.  Turns out that my choice was a good one and I arrived right about my normal time.  The next change was with my food choices.  Instead of ordering the foods that I was comfortable with, I chose something different and almost random.  Good or bad, it was a complete change and the results were more than just something different.  I began to feel a confidence that I didn't have before and it has led me to continue with changes in my life.  Now here I am, making an even bigger change!

     I can't explain the excitement that I feel or the energy that is flowing through me but I am determined to walk the path that I am building and I will finish my work in success.  Happiness is not only a state of mind, but a state of living!  If you aren't in that state yet, then pay attention.  Follow my lead if you want or make your own but start making changes.  I know I don't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment